Current Affairs 13th July 2022
13th July Current Affairs
Reading Daily Current Affairs is very important if you are preparing for government competitive examinations such as UPSC, UPPCS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, AFCAT, NDA, Airforce, Railways, ESIC, EPFO, SIDBI, NABARAD, RBI, etc. If you read current affairs daily, then you can easily score good marks in the current affairs section. Commonly, current affairs are asked in almost all the exams. If you try to mug up the current affairs on the last day of the exam, then you will ruin your whole exam. So, the best way to score marks in the current affairs section is that you should read current affairs on daily basis.
Read the Daily current affairs July 13, 2022, provided here topic-wise covering all the important news updates. Here we have analyzed and classified the topics in Daily current affairs.
PM inaugurates hiRis Airport and projects in Jharkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Deoghar airport in Jharkhand and many other developmental projects for Jharkhand, He said that these projects will strengthen East India’s infrastructure in the coming years. Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren was also present during the ceremony.
India reiterates dialogue between Russia and Ukraine over Ukraine situation
- Indian counsellor to UNSC, Pratik Mathur reiterated that Russia and Ukraine must engage in dialogue and end the war. India maintained the stance of talks between both nations and end the suffering of Ukraine’s people.
Majority Shiv Sena MP’s ask Uddhav Thackeray to back NDA Presidential candidate
- 12 out of 19 MPs of Shiv Sena have asked Uddhav Thackeray to back Draupadi Murmu as the Presidential Candidate. The meeting was called by Uddhav Thackeray to gain a consensus from his party’s MPs.
Rajnath Singh calls for AI in Defense Sector
- While launching 75 newly developed AI defense products, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh said that India must develop future weapons using AI. He said that although India is a peaceful country, we must be prepared to meet any challenge using new technology.
‘India is the mother of Democracy’: PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first Prime Minister to visit Bihar assembly in 75 years. During an address after inaugurating the centenary pillar in the Bihar assembly premises, he said that India’s democracy is not inspired by the West, nor it is a gift from the colonial rulers. He added that India is the mother of democracy, and we believe un unity and harmony.
PM Modi’s firsts in Bihar and Jharkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first Prime Minister to visit Bihar assembly in 75 years of Independence. He also became the first PM to perform a pooja at the Baba Baidyanathdham temple in Deoghar, Jharkhand.
PM Modi to virtually attend the first I2U2 meet
- The first meeting between India, Israel, UAE, and USA will be held virtually on 14th July. The summit aims to encourage investments in 6 areas of water, energy, transportation, space, health, and food security. India’s PM Narendra Modi, Israel’s PM Yair Lapid, UAE President Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and US President Joe Biden will be participating in the summit.
Amit Shah calls for reforms in the mining sector
- At the National Conclave of Mines and Minerals, Union Minister Amit Shah said that reforming the mining sector is on priority for the PM. He said that mining has been a major contribution to the economy and the reforms have helped in the sector’s growth.
India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in 2023
- The Population Division of the UN has been publishing the WPP in a biennial cycle since 1951.
- Each revision of the WPP provides a historical time series of population indicators starting in 1950.
- It does so by considering newly released national data to revise estimates of past trends in fertility, mortality, or international migration.
- Sri Lanka lawmakers likely to choose the next President in the next week.
- Rishi Sunak gets endorsement of Deputy Prime Minister and Transport Minister.
- Russian President Vladmir Putin will be visiting Iran next week.
- 8 candidates to compete for replacing Borris Johnson as the UK PM. Rishi Sunak is being seen as the favorite choice.
- Nothing 1 Phone launched globally on 12th July. The event will be live streamed at 8.30 PM IST on social platforms of the brand.
- Realme confirms to launch Realme Pad X in India and is expected to be launched under Rs. 20,000.
Scientists have recorded four species of corals for the first time from Indian waters
- All the four groups of corals are from the same family, Flabellidae.
- Truncatoflabellum crassum (Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848), T. incrustatum (Cairns, 1989), T. aculeatum (Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848), and T. irregulare (Semper, 1872) under the family Flabellidae were previously found in Japan, the Philippines, and Australian waters, while only T. crassum was reported with the range of Indo-West Pacific distribution.
- Assam PAT 2022 Admit Card has been released on the official website: https://dte.assam.gov.in/
- NEET 2022 Admit Card has been released on the official website: https://neet.nta.nic.in/
- CUET 2022 Admit card likely to be released soon: https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/
- TS ECET 2022 exams have been postponed due to heavy rainfall and the rescheduled date will be announced later.
- CUET-UG has become India’s 2nd largest applications after receiving 14.9 lakh registrations.
- REET 2022 Admit Card to be released today at: https://www.reetbser2022.in/
India covid news
Covid cases in India in the last 24 hours
- India recorded 16,906 new COVID cases in the last 24 hours.
July 13 famous birthdays in India – Famous people that have birthdays on this day in history 13 July
§ 1953 – Vairamuthu Ramasamy is a poet, lyricist, and a novelist who works in the Tamil film industry. He is a prominent figure in the Tamil literary world with a master’s graduate from the Pachaiyappa’s College in Chennai.
§ 1964 – Seetha is an actress, TV actress, and producer, known for her works in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu cinema. She has also been a part of a few Kannada films. Starting her career in 1985, she was one of the mainstream heroines between 1985 to 1991.
§ 1966 – Bala Bachchan is a politician who represents the INC and is a member of the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly. He also currently serves as the Home Minister of MP.
§ 1982 – Master Saleem, also referred to as Saleem Shahzada, is a singer from Punjab who has worked as a devotional singer & playback singer in various Bollywood films including Heyy Baby, Dostana, and Love Aaj Kal. He also released private Punjabi language music albums, Religious and Sufi music.
§ 1984 – Urvashi Sharma is an actress and model from New Delhi.
§ 1990 – Pranav Mohanlal is an actor, singer, and songwriter, who works in the Malayalam film industry.
§ 2000 – Aniket Anil Jadhav is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Jamshedpur FC. He gained fame for his wonderful skills and speed at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup held in India.
§ 2004 – Nihal Sarin is a chess player. He achieved the title of ‘Grandmaster’ at age 14 and is also the third youngest player in history to cross the Elo rating mark of 2600. He accomplished this feat at the age 14. Nihal was also the world under-10 champion in 2014 in Durban, South Africa.
Famous people that had birthdays on this day in history 13 July
§ 1941 – T Kalpana Devi was a doctor and politician from Andhra Pradesh. She was a member of the 8th Lok Sabha.
§ 1987 – Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab was a Pakistani militant and member of the Lashkar-e-Taiba Islamist militant organization through which he took part in the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks in Maharashtra, India.
Famous people that have death anniversaries on this day in history 13 July
§ 1994 – Krishna Gundopant Ginde, also recognized as K.G. Ginde was an Indian classical singer and teacher. S N Ratanjankar was his guru and his biggest influence.
§ 1995 – Ashapoorna Devi, also known as Ashapoorna Debi or Asha Purna Devi, was a prominent novelist and poet in Bengali. She has been widely honored with a number of prizes and awards.
§ 1995 – Devyani Chaubal was a journalist and columnist, best known for her fortnightly column, “Frankly Speaking” and “Eve’s Weekly”.
§ 2007 – KK Mahajan was a cinematographer known for his work in Parallel Cinema. In his career that spanned over four decades, he won four National Film Awards.
§ 2009 – Nilu Phule was an actor, mostly known for his roles in Marathi language movies and theatre. During his career, he was a part of around 250 Marathi and Hindi movies. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest and iconic actors to have graced the Marathi Cinema with his work.
§ 2010 – Manohari Singh was a music director, saxophonist, and the main arranger of seminal film composer, R. D. Burman. He also worked with Basudeb Chakraborty as music composers and the duo was popularly known as Basu-Manohari.
Here’s today business news, the latest business news India today 13 July 2022
- Government to raise funds through capital markets for highways.
- Electrolux, a Swedish manufacturer of home appliances, has re-entered the markets of India after four long years and launched the “first experience center” in Delhi.
- Joyville Shapoorji Housing to make an investment of Rs 700 crores for the acquisition of land to expand region-wise.
- A monetary penalty of Rs 1.67 crores has been imposed by RBI on Ola Financial Services for non-compliance with provisions of Master Directions on PPIs.
- Bosch Ltd to invest around Rs 200 crores in India in advanced automotive technologies and digital mobility space over the upcoming years.
- Ganit, a Data Analytics start-up has raised an undisclosed amount through pre-Series A round of funding.
- The NPCI has ordered that all UPI-based applications require the consent of customers while capturing their location or geographic coordinates.
- The appointment of Meena Hemchandra as the part-time CM of Karur Vysya Bank has been approved by RBI.
- SJVN has signed a pact with Solar world Energy Solutions for building 2 solar power projects with a generation capacity of 125MW for Rs 690.75 crores in Uttar Pradesh.
- Renew Energy Global plc has become the first renewable energy company in India to re-finance its 2024 maturity dollar-denominated bonds.