current affairs 1st September 2022
- WRI India and Assam Energy Development Agency have together launched an interactive geospatial platform Energy Access Explorer for the state.
- Rajesh Kumar Srivastava has been roped in as the interim chief at ONGC by the government
- 18 projects of the Delhi Development Authority have been registered by the Real Estate Regularity Authority of Delhi.
- Ashok Leyland has been awarded an order for 1400 school buses in UAE and the supplies would be made to STS Group and Emirates Transport.
Arvind Kejriwal launches a virtual school program across the nation
Arvind Kejriwal, the chief minister of Delhi, launched a statewide scheme for virtual education on August 31. The program was designed for students in grades 9 to 12, but it will also assist in their preparation for entrance exams like NEET, CUET, and JEE.
PM Narendra Modi will arrive in Kochi today for a two-day visit
PM Modi will land at Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) at 4.25 p.m. He will dedicate several projects to the Kochi Metro and Indian Railway.
Kerala High Court Division Bench supported a single judge verdict releasing the amount to KSRTC
A Division Bench of the Kerala High Court stayed with a single judge’s instructions for issuing Rs. 103 Crore to Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC). It can help the authority to pay salaries to the corporation employees.
Hyderabad girl, Chalamalla Ikshitha, earned Erasmus Mundus scholarship 2022
Chalamalla Ikshitha, a B.Tech student at Amity University in Hyderabad, has been named for Erasmus Mundus SARENA Scholarship 2022. The award will support her studies in Nuclear Science in Europe. She is the only girl in the country this year to receive the scholarship in the division.
S Jaishankar and Piyush Goyal to visit the United States
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal are scheduled to visit the United States in September. S Jaishankar will be addressing the annual general assembly session of the United Nations in New York. He will be holding several bilateral meetings with other countries. He will then meet his counterpart Antony Blinken in Washington DC.
Piyush Goyal will be attending the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) Ministerial on 8-9th September in Los Angeles. He will also be holding meetings with corporate leaders in San Francisco.
Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav, Union Science and Technology Minister, and Union Power Minister RK Singh may also attend the Clean Energy Ministerial hosted by the US Department of Energy on 22nd-23rd September in Pittsburgh.
Tejas 2.0 Mega Project gets Approval from the Centre
PM Modi-led Cabinet Committee on Security has approved the project for developing Tejas Mark-2 with prototypes, flight testing, and certification with the additional funding of Rs. 6,500 crores. Earlier, Rs. 2,500 crores were sanctioned for the project.
Shashi Tharoor may run for AICC President
The AICC G-23 is preparing to field its Presidential candidate for the upcoming party presidential elections. Shashi Tharoor is the most likely candidate to be announced as the official candidate by the group.
Bhupender Yadav addresses the opening ceremony of the G20 environmental and climate ministerial
Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav addressed the opening ceremony of the G20 environmental and climate ministerial being held in Bali, Indonesia. During his address, he said that India has emerged as a problem solver which is shown by the intent of the country’s actions. He reiterated that India is committed to environmental sustainability by driving its low-carbon industry transitions.
India to launch its first qHPV vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer today
India will launch its first indigenously developed qHPV vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer today. The vaccine has been developed by the Serum Institute of India in collaboration with the Department of Biotechnology.
President and Prime Minister offer condolences to Sonia Gandhi on the passing of her mother
AICC Spokesperson Jairam Ramesh informed yesterday that Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s mother had passed away on Saturday in Italy. The President and Prime Minister offered their condolences to Sonia Gandhi.
- Officials in the United States are battling to provide clean drinking water throughout Mississippi. It is one of the biggest issues in the area due to the recent drought.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet leader, died in Moscow at the age of 91. He played a significant part in bringing the Cold War to an end. He received the Nobel Prize for his important contribution.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his concern over the loss in Pakistan due to floods.
- Prince William and Prince Harry marked the 25th death anniversary of their mother Princess Diana in private.
- Moeen Ali is set to lead England on a seven-match T20I series in Pakistan ahead of the T20I World Cup.
- Anirban Lahiri will be the first Indian to take part in the LIV golf tour, which is financed by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund.
- The fourth Asia Cup 2022 match between India and Hong Kong will be played today at 7:00 IST.
- India beats Hong Kong by 40 runs in the 2nd Asia Cup match qualifying for the group stage.
- Rohit Sharma became the 1st player to score 3500 runs in T20I matches.
- Serene Williams entered the 3rd round of the US Open after defeating World No. 2 Anett Kontaveit.