current affairs 25th August 2022
- The Adani Media Group to acquire a 29% stake in NDTV through an investor, calls for the open offer for another 26%.
- The government may sell 51% of its stake in the IDBI Bank.
- SpiceJet is looking for funds from external parties to add more flights to the airlines.
- Kane Williamson has returned from injury and will captain the Black Caps next month Chappell-Hadlee one-day series against Australia while fast bowler Trent Boult is also included, despite being released from his contract with New Zealand Cricket.
- India first commercial Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Observatory will be set up in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
- National Automated Fingerprint Identification System (NAFIS) has been launched by the Home Ministry to allow a country-wide search of crime-related fingerprints.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) digital rupee — the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) — may be introduced in phases beginning with wholesale businesses in the current financial year.
PM Modi inaugurates AMRITA Hospital in Faridabad
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 2,600-bed AMRITA Hospital in Faridabad. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya were also present at the event. The new hospital will boost healthcare facilities in the Delhi-NCR region with cutting-edge technology and a fully-automated laboratory.
India and UK to cooperate in the field of law and justice
India and the UK signed an MoU to exchange best practices in law and justice including commercial court functioning, arbitration and mediation, technology, legislative drafting, and training programs.
Nitish Kumar wins the trust vote in the Bihar Assembly Floor Test
Nitish Kumar-led Grand Alliance won the floor test in the floor test held at the Bihar Legislative Assembly. 165 MLAs have voted in favor of the alliance.
- Late Princess Diana Ford Escort to go for auction this week at Silverstone racing circuit.
- Nigeria introduces Bharat Biotech Rotavac for children to vaccinate them against Rotavirus.
- The James Webb Space Telescope, NASA latest, and most powerful telescope, has captured new images of our solar system most giant planet, Jupiter, presenting it in a never before seen light.
- A report has stated that Rhino poaching rates in Africa declined to 2.3% in 2021 from 3.9% in 2018.
- Lakshya Sen enters BWF pre-quarterfinals in Tokyo.
- Anupama Ramachandran and Keerthana Pandian won silver and bronze respectively at IBSF Junior World Snooker Championship.