Current affairs 26 June 2022
Current affairs 26 July 2022
Reading Daily Current Affairs is very important if you are preparing for government competitive examinations such as UPSC, UPPCS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, AFCAT, NDA, Airforce, Railways, ESIC, EPFO, SIDBI, NABARAD, RBI, etc. If you read current affairs daily, you can easily score good marks in the current affairs section. Normally, current affairs are asked in almost all the exams. If you try to mug up the current affairs on the last day of the exam, then you will ruin your whole exam. So, the best way to score marks in the current affairs section is that you should read current affairs daily.
Draupadi Murmu takes oath as 15th President of India
- Draupadi Murmu took oath as the 15th President of India in a ceremony held at the Central Hall of the Parliament on 25th July. She is the first tribal and the youngest President born after India independence. After taking the oath, she gave her first address to the country. She said that her becoming the President is not just a personal achievement but that of the poor as well. She further added that her election is proof that the poor in the country can have dreams and fulfill them.
Wishes pour in for Draupadi Murmu
- Sri Lanka newly elected President Ranil Wickremesinghe congratulated Draupadi Murmu on becoming the President of India. Chinese President Xi Jinping also congratulated the 15th President of India and expressed his willingness to work together.
Former President Ram Nath Kovind moves to his new house
- Former President Ram Nath Kovind whose term ended on 24th July moved out of Rashtrapati Bhawan to his new home. He has moved to 12, Janpath which was previously occupied by former Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
Kargil Vijay Diwas 2022
- Kargil Vijay Diwas is commemorated every 26 July in India, to observe India’s victory over Pakistan in the Kargil War for ousting Pakistani Forces from their occupied positions on the mountain tops of Northern Kargil District in Ladakh in 1999.
Orang National Park & Tiger Reserve wins 2nd Annual IUCN WCPA International Ranger Award 2022
- The Orang National Park & Tiger Reserve, located in Assam, received the prestigious 2nd Annual IUCN WCPA International Ranger Award 2022. The award, presented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA), recognizes the efforts of those that go beyond the call of duty to protect the earth’s wild places and wildlife and to support local communities.
Amit Shah launched the e-FIR system in Gujarat
- Union Minister Home Minister Amit Shah launched the e-FIR system in Gandhinagar which will enable the citizens to file an FIR online, without visiting the police stations. Under the guidance of Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, important services of the Gujarat Police will be made available online.
China launches second space module Wentian to its permanent space station
China has successfully launched the second space module to its permanent space station. The 23-tonne Wentian laboratory module was launched on the rocket, the Long March 5B, from the Wenchang Space Launch Center on the southern island of Hainan.
Kamal Haasan receives UAE 10-year Golden Visa
Superstar Kamal Haasan received the prestigious Golden Visa from the UAE government on July 21. Earlier, Mohanlal and Mammootty received UAE Golden Visa. Now, Kamal Haasan has also been granted a Golden Visa.
Sri Lanka Presidential Secretariat resumed operations after 100 days after the building gates were blocked by the protestors on 9th April.
As per Kremlin, President Vladimir Putin might not attend Japan ex-PM Shinzo Abe funeral on 27th September in Japan.
Danish cyclist Jonas Vingegaard wins his first Tour de France title
Danish cyclist Jonas Vingegaard won his first Tour de France title in Paris on the famed Champs-Elysees. The Tour de France is a prestigious multi-stage bike race that takes place annually in France and sometimes the surrounding countries.
Max Verstappen won the 2022 French Grand Prix
Max Verstappen won the 2022 French Grand Prix, while the seven-time champion, Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) finished second in his 300th Grand Prix.
Bisheshwar Nandi has been named women gymnastics team coach for the upcoming Commonwealth Games 2022.