current affairs 27th August 2022
- Air India will restore salary cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel to acquire infrastructure assets of the Essar Group for around Rs 19,000 crores.
- As per the RBI data, the bank credit in India has grown by 15.32% to Rs 124305 lakh crores, deposits by 8.84% to Rs 169.49 lakh crores, and advances stood at Rs 107.79 lakh crores.
- Mallcom India, an industrial protective equipment manufacturer, aims for three-fold revenue of around Rs 1,000 crores in the upcoming years by securing orders from domestic and overseas markets.
- A land allotment letter has been bagged by Tata Steel by the Punjab CM for setting up a scrap-based steel plant in Ludhiana for Rs 2,600 crores investments.
Ghulam Nabi Azad quits Congress party
Senior Leader Ghulam Nabi Azad resigned from the Congress party and other positions by addressing a letter to Sonia Gandhi. In the letter, he said that senior leaders have been sidelined and all decisions are taken by Rahul Gandhi.
PM Modi to dedicate Smritivan in Kutch to those lost during the 2001 earthquake
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be dedicating Smritivan, which is a museum built for those who lost their lives during the earthquake in 2001. The museum is built in Kutch and the PM will visit it on Sunday.
India asks Canada to expedite students visa
The Indian High Commission in Ottawa has requested Canadian immigration authorities to speed up the process of students visa since many of them have deposited their tuition fees.
Kushiyara water MoU text finalized by both countries
The text of the Kushiyara water MoU to be signed during Bangladesh PM Sheikh Haseena’s visit in September has been finalized by both countries. The 38th meeting of the Joint Rivers Commission of India and Bangladesh was also held this week.
India submits its NDC climate action targets to the UN
In its updated Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) – climate action targets, India has promised to achieve 50% cumulative electric power from non-fossil fuel energy by 2030 to the United Nations.
Ghulam Nabi Azad to launch a new party in J&K
Ghulam Nabi Azad who resigned from the Congress party will be launching his party soon. The 1st unit of his party will be launched in Jammu and Kashmir.
JP Nadda to address a public meeting in Telangana
BJP President JP Nadda will be addressing a public meeting in Warangal in Telangana today. The meeting will conclude the 3rd part of the ‘padayatra’ organized by state President Bandi Sanjay Kumar.
Amit Shah reviews J&K party preparations for upcoming polls
Amit Shah along with other senior party members held a meeting with J&K party leaders to review the party preparations for the polls. The ongoing political situation of the state and party organizational structure were discussed in the meeting.
PM Modi to inaugurate ‘Atal Bridge’ in Ahmedabad today
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the Atal Bridge, an all-pedestrian bridge on Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad today. He is on a 2-day visit to Gujarat.
- The US has suspended 26 Chinese flights from the US to China due to a dispute over anti-virus controls.
- Japan will be spending $1.8 million on former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s funeral.
- Prince William and Kate will be moving to Windsor from Central London with their family.
India and Tanzania to hold defense bilateral talks
Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will hold bilateral talks with his Tanzanian counterpart Stergomena Lawrence Tax. The bilateral meeting will take place on the sidelines of the SCO meeting. During the meeting, both countries will discuss defense cooperation between them and explore more initiatives.
Sports News Today
- Audi will be entering Formula 1 racing from 2026.
- Satwiksairaj Reddy and Chirag Shetty have claimed a medal in men doubles at the World Championship.
- FIFA lifted its ban on the All-India Football Federation (AIFF). India will now be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup later this year.
- Linthoi Chanambam, a Manipur star, made history by winning India’s first gold medal at the World Cadet Judo Championship.
- Neeraj Chopra made history by winning the nation first Lausanne Diamond League title on 27th August 2022.