current affairs 28th August 2022
- Justice Uday Umesh Lalit took oath as the 49th Chief Justice of India at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The oath was administered by President Draupadi Murmu.
- Foreign Minister S Jaishankar held talks with his Argentinean counterpart Worship, Santiago Cafiero, in a bilateral meeting. During the meeting, both countries reaffirmed deepening bilateral cooperation and expanding their strategic partnership by addressing global challenges including terrorism and climate change.
- BS Yediyurappa is on a 2-day visit to Delhi after being inducted into BJP Parliamentary Board. He will be meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP President JP Nadda, Amit Shah, and Rajnath Singh during his visit.
- Meta will launch a new VR Headset in October.
- CoinDCX has launched DeFi Mobile App ‘Okto’ in India.
- Instagram will limit sensitive content for 16-year old by default.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana completes eight years of successful implementation
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana PMJDY, the National Mission for Financial Inclusion completed eight years of successful implementation today, August 28th. More than 46.25 crore beneficiaries banked under PMJDY since inception, amounting to over one lakh 73 thousand crore rupees. PMJDY Accounts grew three-fold from 14.72 crores in March 2015 to 46.25 crore as of the 10th of this month.
Google announces cyber security upskilling program for 100,000 developers in India
Search and internet major, Google India, announced a campaign to upskill cyber security researchers and developers in the country. The campaign will be part of the company Cyber Security Roadshow, which will cover multiple cities across India and offer tools, tutorials, and mentorship on security practices for building consumer apps — as well as enterprise programs.
Niti Aayog to establish 500 Atal Tinkering Labs in Jammu and Kashmir
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and NITI Aayog will establish more than 500 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in Jammu and Kashmir to nurture an innovative mindset among high school students. ATL is the flagship initiative of the AIM launched by the Centre to nurture an innovative mindset amongst high school students across India.
Nagaland State Gets its Second Railway Station
Nagaland got its second railway station after a gap of more than 100 years at Shokhuvi. Dimapur Railway Station, in the heart of the commercial hub of the state, was inaugurated in 190
World FIRST-EVER fleet of hydrogen-powered trains launched in Germany
German officials have confirmed to incorporate of the world first-ever hydrogen-powered passenger train fleet. It will replace 15 diesel trains, which were previously being operated on tracks that lacked electric supply in Lower Saxony, Germany. The fleet comprises 14 trains, which use fuel cells to generate power, making it the cleanest-greenest train fleet ever.
India and Pakistan are to clash in the 2nd T20I of Asia Cup 2022 in Dubai.
On 28th August, Virat Kohli will become the 1st Indian player to play 100 matches in all 3 cricket formats while playing India vs Pakistan Asia Cup match.
Indian judoka Linthoi Chanambam Wins Gold medal at World Cadet Judo Championships in Sarajevo
Indian judoka Linthoi Chanambam made history as she won the gold medal at the world cadet judo championships 2022 in the women -57kg category in Sarajevo, Bosnia, and Herzegovina.