Current affairs 31st August 2022
- Gautam Adani has become the 3rd richest person in the world.
- The acquisition of a 7.49% stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail by Caladium Investment has been approved by the Competition Commission of India.
- HDFC Ltd to raise Rs 10,000 crores by selling bonds to local investors to meet the boosting demand for home loans.
- Indian Rupee has notched the biggest one-day gain in a year against the dollar due to a rush of inflows from foreign investors.
- Disney Star has signed a licensing agreement with Zee for allowing the broadcast of all the ICC men and U-19 events on Zee for the 2024-27 cycle.
64 Congress leaders quit the party in support of Ghulam Nabi Azad
64 members of the Congress party from Jammu and Kashmir have resigned from the party in support of Ghulam Nabi Azad. The resigned members include former deputy chief minister Tara Chand as well. Ghulam Nabi Azad resigned from Congress citing leadership issues and will be launching his party soon.
EAC-PM releases ‘Roadmap for [email protected]’
The Economic Advisory Council of PM Modi released the ‘Competitiveness Roadmap for [email protected]’ that will be a guide to making India a high-income economy by 2047.
Duty free access to ODOP products is considered
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said that the country is looking for duty-free access for products under the One District One Product (ODOP) initiative. With India negotiating Free-Trade Agreements with other countries, Indian handicrafts and other goods will have more export options.
PM Modi to visit Kerela and Karnataka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Kerela and Karnataka on 1st-2nd September. He will be visiting Sri Adi Shankara Janma Bhoomi Kshetram on 1st September. On 2nd September, he will commission INS Vikrant in Kochi. He will lay foundation stones for various projects worth Rs. 3,800 crores in Mangaluru.
Shashi Tharoor made speculation about his big role in Congress.
In a recent interview, Shashi Tharoor welcomed the Gandhi family significant decision to skip a presidential run for Congress. He also remarked that the AICC presidential post-election should be conducted fairly, and he refused to comment on his ambitions right now.
G23 dissidents met Ghulam Nabi Azad before the AICC presidential finals.
Haryana ex-CM Bhupinder Hooda and three G23 dissidents visited Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday. The purpose of the meeting is to explore potential next steps after the announcement of the AICC president election results. Even after his dismissal, it still represented Ghulam Nabi Azad essence in the party.
- Sri Lankan President to present an interim budget today.
- China is preparing to honor its current president, Xi Xinping, as a great national leader in decades. He will be honored for his significant role in strengthening the economy, idol relations with the United States, and implementing a tight policy on Covid.
- India is to play against Hong Kong in its 2nd Asia Cup match on 31st August in Dubai.
- Afghanistan defeated Bangladesh in a qualifying round for the Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 stage. Afghanistan Najibullah Zadran batted brilliantly, scoring 43 runs off 17 balls to help his team win the match.
- Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat, two notable Indian athletes, have been named to the World Senior Championships in Belgrade. The championship will take place from September 10 to 18.