how to change admin URL in Magento 2
Magento 2 Admin URL: How to set a custom Admin URL
An Admin URL varies with every new platform installation. Once installed, the admin URL and path are below the Magento 2 base URL:
Default Base URL:
Default Admin URL and Path:
Magento 2 Admin URL change
¡Address your hosting provider before changing the default URL, as some hosting services require a standard URL to conform to the firewall protection rules!
There are two main ways you can set a custom Admin URL for your store:
#1 via the Admin Panel
- Log in to the Admin Panel, choose Stores>Settings>Configuration;
- Navigate to the Advanced settings and select Admin;
- Expand the Admin Base URL section and make the next settings:
- In this case, you will have https://example.com/magento2/backend URL. If you want to change only the path, make changes in the Custom Admin Path section and leave the Use Custom Admin URL option set to 'No';
- The Admin URL must be in the same Magento installation and have the same document root as the front end of the store!
- Once it’s made, click the Save Config button and clear the cache.
#2 via the Server Text Manager
- Open the app/etc/env.php file in a text manager and change the name of the [admin] path. The admin path is located in the app/etc/env.php file. Look for ‘backend’ using the commands:
'backend' => array ( 'frontName' => 'admin')
'backend' => array ( 'frontName' => ‘backend’)
Don’t forget to use the lowercase characters only and save the changes.
- Enter to the Admin panel to clear the Magento cache: System> Cache Management> Flush Magento Cache;
- Return to the server, go to the var/cache folder and delete its content.