Magento 2 Product URL Rewrites
Add the Rewrites
- On the Admin Panel.
Marketing > SEO & Search > URL Rewrites
- In the upper-right corner, click on the button
Add URL Rewrites.
- From the dropdown list of,
Create URL Rewriteschoose “For Product” option.
- In the product list that appears instantly, click on the product which needs to be redirected to edit.
- Hit the button
Skip Category Selection, then navigate to the section
URL Rewrite Information.
- Here, the current product URL is included by the and
Request Paththe shows
Target Paththe internal URL that is used by the system. It is grayed out and not available for editing.
- Set the to
Storeapply the rewrites if necessary.
- In the field
Request Path, insert the new URL key and suffix for the product.
- Convert to
RedirectTemporary (302) or Permanent (301).
- Leave some description for the rewrite.
Update the Index
- On the Admin Panel,
System > Tools > Index Management.
- Mark the checkbox
Catalog URL Rewrites.
- Choose Reindex Data for the.
Submitto update the index.